Science Teachers Association of the NT MINUTES

Executive Committee Meeting – 26th November 2014 - Moil

Present: Veronica Ross (President), Sharra Martin, Matt Marchesi (Vice President), Daniel Corke, Adam Turley Apologies: Michael Mitchie, John Sagun, Paul Lyons, Michael Vouklos, Dr Terrence McClafferty, Lisa Knight Meeting opened: 4.30pm Minutes of the Previous Committee Meeting 1. The President moved that the Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting of 22nd October 2014 be accepted a true and honest account of the meeting. The motion was seconded by the Vice-President and carried. Young Scientists Competition 2. The Young Scientists Competition was declared a success with the amount of entries from last year doubling and it going from 57 participants to over 260. This should bolster our contribution from BHP for prize award money for next year which is positive. Judging went well; however the following points of improvement were brought up: a.

we may need a day devoted to judging entries, perhaps one where schools release selected science teachers to judge;

b.

it might be a consideration to require that each school providing entries must provide a minimum of one science teacher to act as a judge; and

c.

a period of two weeks is best between the science competition and the presentation evening.

3. It was agreed that holding the science awards presentation evening well prior to year 12 exams is a good idea; this allows awards to be handed out before senior students start to leave school on holidays. Teacher Earth Science Education Programme Professional Development Opportunity 4. The Teacher Earth Science Education Programme (TESEP) PD opportunity was raised by the VicePresident. TESEP is a program centred on the improvement of Earth Science education in schools (site: http://www.tesep.org.au/). A PD was being considered for term 1 of 2015. Questions include how much it would cost STANT to run the activity and do we run a session in both Darwin and Alice Springs. Action: Vice-President to determine full costings and send an e mail to determine interest. Fees 5. The President stated that fees were insufficient to cover costs including the capitation fee owed to ASTA including journal costs. It was agreed that membership needs to be increased too. Several options for increasing membership were discussed including advertising at the public sector orientation event and sending membership forms out with John Sagun from PICSE. 6.

The Vice-President stated the next Committee meeting will be devoted to membership matters.

7. A motion was put forward by the President that membership fees be increased from $70 to $80 per year. The motion was seconded by Sharra Martin and passed by the Committee. Action: Treasurer to increase membership price to $80. Adam Turley to update website. 8.

The Vice-President raised the matter of the membership list and the fact that it needs to be updated. Action: Treasurer to check the membership list and ensure it’s up to date including membership renewal dates.

Secretary 9. The President informed the Committee that Lisa Knight was unable to be the Secretary for STANT. Adam Turley has been nominated as the minute taker with Sharra Martin covering if he is unavailable. At this stage, other than minute taking, all other roles of the Secretary will be carried out by the President. Action: Committee to appoint a Secretary when possible/when found. ASTA Counsellor 10. The Vice-President is happy to continue as the ASTA Counsellor for the short term but indicated the desire to pass the duty on to someone else in the near future. It involves traveling interstate twice a year to meet with the ASTA Committee. Action: Committee to appoint a new ASTA Counsellor when possible/when found. STANT Website 11. The Science Teachers Association of Tasmania (STAT) are investigating hosting their site on ASTA’s main site. Once they have explored this option they will talk to STANT about any possibilities of hosting the STANT site on the ASTA servers. Action: Vice-President to liaise with contact at STAT to get information on ASTA hosting the site. 12. An e mail will also be sent by the President seeking all photos, calendar dates and other news for the STANT site and a calendar will be added to the site to promote upcoming events. Large events such as CONSTANT15 and National Science Week will receive their own STANT sub-page devoted to said topics. It was also suggested that STANT get its own NTSchools email inbox such as ‘[email protected]’. Action: Adam Turley to update the website when data is received. President to talk to ‘IT guys’ to get a STANT email address set up. CONSTANT15 13. A suggestion was made to combine STANT’s conference (ConSTANT) with the Geography and History Teachers of the NT (GHTANT) conference in August 2015. Action: President to liaise with the President of GHTANT to scope opportunities. Next meeting: 11th February 2015 Meeting Closed 14.

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 1744h.

20141126 - STANT Executive Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf ...

20141126 - STANT Executive Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf. 20141126 - STANT Executive Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In.

50KB Sizes 0 Downloads 330 Views

Recommend Documents

9th MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF ...
Jan 27, 2010 - Institutional arrangements at central and state level for regulatory oversight (BEE and SDAs). • Putting in place ... institutional capacity of the newly created SDAs to perform their regulatory, enforcement and ... -Setting up of Ve

Executive Committee Meeting Minutes of October 3, 2017.pdf ...
Octavia Lewis, Sara Nunez-Mejia, Floretta O'Brien, Wendy Rodriguez, and Michael Yu. (District Manager) DM John Sanchez was in attendance as well.

Minutes of 1st Executive Committee Meeting of HKU ... -
Dec 27, 2017 - Although the restaurant provided good customer services, the food quality appeared to be worsen as compared to previous years. Phyllis will contact Mr. Lee ... October 5, 2018 (Friday): Special AGM preparatory meeting. 5. Plan for the

NPA Executive Committee
[email protected]. Survivor Island Challenge Impacts Six Polk County Worksites. Balsam Lake, Wisconsin (April, 2010) - Six Polk County worksites and.

Facility Committee Meeting
Jan 6, 2015 - Administration asked that an ADA push pad be added at door 16. ... the associated systems meet current electrical code requirements. This was ...

Executive Meeting |MINUTES
Jan 9, 2016 - KYSA House playoffs ran successfully as did the KWSL playoffs. Briana Guise also reported to BC Soccer an abuse incident which occurred after a KWSL regular season match. A hearing held a couple of weeks later, which included the input

Facility Committee Meeting
architectural firm. Mr. Trimberger contacted references for the firms that had extensive high school experience. From the 13 submitted, the Administration brought ...

School Committee Meeting
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. 131415161718192021222324. 8TH GRADE. 8TH GRADE. 8TH GRADE. 8TH GR. DN. 1. STORY. ROOF. CHILLER. RTU 8. RTU 6.

216th Working Committee Meeting Notice.PDF
EARLY DETECTION OF HIV / AIDS - PROLONGS QUALITY OF LIFE. Page 1 of 1. 216th Working Committee Meeting Notice.PDF. 216th Working Committee ...

Council Committee Meeting 7816.pdf
Department ofRadiology. P,O. Limda, Tal. Wagh::Jdia, Dist. Vadodara - 391760, Gujarat State, India. Tel.: + 91-2668-260300/307, Tel. Fax: +91-2668-260201, ...

2012 Committee Meeting Notes.pdf
record keeping. This will allow members to print off their own personal best scores and also. a performance report amongst other things. 11) New Hut. All the drawing are now complete, the funding is largely in place and the only thing we are. now wai

DOWNTOWN SIGNAGE COMMITTEE REGULAR MEETING AGENDA ...
Jan 16, 2018 - DOWNTOWN SIGNAGE COMMITTEE. REGULAR MEETING AGENDA. PUBLIC WORKS CONFERENCE ROOM, 115 E WASHINGTON.

notice of advisory committee meeting -
Apr 25, 2017 - Public Comment. IV. Staff Report. V. Old Business: Phase 2 Ventura County APCD Electric Vehicle Rebate Program at $226,946 (Revisit Recommendations from March 2 nd. Meeting). 1. Funding Goal of Battery EVs vs Plug-in Hybrids at least 6

2014 Committee Meeting Minutes.pdf
banking over to the co-op. Mark to set up the account with all committee members as. signatories. 12) New Hut. Planning Permission has been granted and the ...

Council Committee Meeting 7816.pdf
... all the committee members were informed about the Aims and. Objectives offormation ofCollege Council by the Chairman, Dr V P HathiIa. Following Roles, Responsibilities and scope o~activities of College Council were discussed and. consented by all

!072017 - Planning and Service Coordination Committee Meeting ...
!072017 - Planning and Service Coordination Committee Meeting Packet - July 20, 2017.pdf !072017 - Planning and Service Coordination Committee Meeting ...

!062217 - Planning and Service Coordination Committee Meeting ...
There was a problem previewing this document. Retrying... Download. Connect more apps... Try one of the apps below to open or edit this item !062217 ...

Finance Committee Meeting 10.12.2015.pdf
C. Update on third Friday pupil count, property values and short-term ... This meeting was duly published in the Green Bay Press Gazette on Saturday, Oct.

BSI Advisory Committee Meeting Notes.pdf
BSI Advisory Committee Meeting Notes.pdf. BSI Advisory Committee Meeting Notes.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In. Main menu.

Steering Committee Meeting Agenda
leaders. - Brief brainstorming session to outline the specific mission / goals / milestones of each group, irregardless of timeframe. - Prioritization of each of these with ... representation. 3. Lobby Province to recognize PD as. Trainees eg. Educat

2008 Committee Meeting Notes.pdf
At present David Palmer is Treasurer, David Irwin is Field Officer, John Allen is Records. Officer, Mark Evans is Chairman. AGM Agenda – The Agenda includes extras of :-Constitution Changes, Website and New. Hut. 6. Beginners Lessons. It was sugges

Executive Meeting Minutes 09.28.2016.pdf
the legislative agenda.) Page 3 of 18. Executive Meeting Minutes 09.28.2016.pdf. Executive Meeting Minutes 09.28.2016.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In.