Clintonville Area Commission Meeting Minutes Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7-10 pm North Community Lutheran Church (all  times  are  approximate)    

Commissioners in attendance: David Vottero, Nancy Kuhel, Libby Wetherholt, Matthew Cull, Judy Minister, Kris Keller, Randy Ketcham, Jason Meek, D Searcy Commissioner(s) absent and excused: 1. 7:00 p.m. Call to order by Chairperson Kris Keller and introduction of commissioners 2. 7:02 p.m. Consideration of prior meeting minutes Wetherholt moved that the minutes be approved as written. They were approved unanimously. 3. 7:03 p.m. Community Update (Mr. Isom Nivins) • New Code Enforcement assigned to Clintonville: Jill Watts 645-0668 [email protected]. Andy Baumann is still supervisor, so he can be contacted also. • Email and phone call from 455 Walhalla – trees and brush are obstructing traffic; Isom will reach out to arborist to see what can be done without each address being submitted as a complaint to 311. • Family Enrichment Festival at Columbus Commons 10-3, Saturday, August 29. • Compassionate Communication Center – Speaking and Listening from the Heart symposium, August 22, 9-4:40 at Maynard Avenue Church $95/person; Call 558-1141 to register 4. 7:05 p.m. Jan Patton - Food for All project of North Community and Clinton Heights Lutheran Churches. There are two dates to participate: 8/22 – Cloth Bags will be distributed to businesses on High Street; 8/29 – will collect food, donations and checks for pantry at CRC. Welcome from Bob Patton and North Community Lutheran

 

  5. 7:10 p.m. Treasurer’s report (Commissioner Meek) Funds have been received from the city. $1,004.01 – has made first payment to artist for map project; has other expenses for reimbursement. 6. 7:10 p.m. Consideration of Committee Chairs and committee members for 201516 Andrew Overbeck – chair of P&D 6 continuing members – 3 additional folks have been added. Members of the committee will be: Overbeck, Mike Anderson, Libby Wetherholt, Justin Goodwin, Michael Ranney, Jim Dziatkowicz, Will Kohler, Stacey L. Philliber, Alex Smith Overbeck may change actual day of meeting so that it doesn’t conflict with Z&V. The committee was approved: 8 yes; 1 no (Searcy); 0 abstain. Dana Bagwell – chair of Z&V Paul Bingle and Sharon Groves are new to committee. The rest of the committee are continuing. Members will be: Paul Bingle, Sharon Groves, Stephen Hardwick, Michael Haugh, Diane Hayford, Emma Heiberger, Stephen McClary, Mike McLaughlin, Dana Bagwell The committee was approved: 8 yes; 1 no (Searcy); 0 abstain Peter Niswander – chair of Election Committee Members remain the same: Nancy Stewart, Brian Rinehart, Aly Terrell, Greg Denby, Peter Niswander Matthew Cull will act as liaison from the commission. The committee was approved: 9 yes; 0 no; 0 abstain Nancy Kuhel – chair of Historic Building Committee 3 returning members; 3 new to committee Nathalie Wright, Mary Rodgers, Melinda Shaw, Alan Woods, Julie Schatz, Chris Reed. A second photo walk will be held on August 29 to get different shots of the same areas of earlier walk. A photo exhibit event at Clintonville Woman’s Club will be held September 15, time TBA. The committee was approved: 9 yes; 0 no; 0 abstain. David Vottero - chair of Clintonville Illustrated Map Task Force. Draft of the map is ready; will meet at Wholly Craft at 7 pm on August 10. Vottero hopes to wrap their work up in the next couple of months. Safety and Crime Jason Meek reiterated his thoughts on not having a committee, but making a liaison to the CPD – mentioned willingness to be liaison which would be a natural fit for him as head of his block watch. Keller appointed Meek as liaison to the CPD and the neighborhood liaison, Ted Stacy.

 

 

A question from the audience about how to let people know of insignificant crimes resulted in suggestions that citizens go to the Clintonville Crime & Block Watch Facebook page; or that the “NextDoor” website might be useful. Meek noted that the only data that matters to CPD are calls which enable CPD to keep statistics about where crime occurs. Searcy commented her no vote was meant to demonstrate that she would prefer that each committee try to have geographic diverse representation. Overbeck noted he told people they would be considered in the future. 7. 7:32 p.m. Introduction of Clintonville Neighborhood Plan Committee creation Keller has had feedback from folks that we are not paying enough attention to the Clintonville Neighborhood Plan. Description of committee: 1) review all variance applications in regard to how they fit with the neighborhood plan primarily using the checklist from the back of the plan; 2) people working on this committee will have a good feel for how the neighborhood plan needs to be changed which would be a good fit to work with planning and development. Cull moved to have the discussion moved to later in the meeting before district updates. The motion was approved: 8 yes; 1 no (Meek); 0 abstain 8:16 p.m. Further Committee discussion Cull – the plan can be amended as needed; checklist for variances can be used; Cull thinks the checklist should be done by the Z&V committee; new committee could look at areas in the plan that need to be changed or amended. Would like the checklist to be done by the Z&V committee; thinks the new committee should have representation from P&D and Z&V, but otherwise be a new committee Searcy – have a group that looks at strengths and weaknesses, but should bring city planning staff on early in the process so they can give guidelines and thoughts about what we would like to have change; thinks the process is a good idea Meek – agrees to bringing planning staff on; thinks Z&V should deal with checklist; the usefulness of a committee on the neighborhood plan might help facilitate discussion of the plan; would love to see proactive identification of development opportunities and how we would like to see those opportunities developed. The CNP is held up as, “Don’t mess with our plan.” We have no “game plan” as to what we would like to see when a developer comes calling. Keller – let’s get 3 or 4 people together to see how we might develop this committee Wetherholt – All of this sounds like it should be under planning and development; maybe add people to P&D to meet this desire, but let’s not have two committees working on the same things or perhaps at cross-purposes. Kuhel – how to get community involvement and get the community involved and feeling comfortable about talking about what they want; let’s get as many people involved in this planning as possible Vottero – we are at a disadvantage because we do not have architectural review. This helps other parts of Columbus and we don’t have that. Architectural Review is about discussing the character of a community. Two discussions should be

 

  advanced; how do we manage our growth? Can we have a community improvement corporation? Can we have a TIF to help Clintonville? What should the community look like? We should look for opportunities to advance the dialogue. Resources from the city planning staff are stretched thin—we might not get much of their time. Checklist is cumbersome. The committee might want to revise the checklist. After that they might have the applicant fill it out with another box for us to grade the developer. Wetherholt: city planners are full to the gills; it’s difficult to get in touch with them. We are part of Columbus and to add another part to the BZA process. Vottero: we are completely within our rights to send a checklist to BZA Overbeck – Checklist should be part of Z&V; it should be part of the process; education of the committee to have everyone on the same page with the plan; open to having this be a subcommittee of planning and development and adding more people to the committee Keller: did not send out letters to those who have volunteered because it was possible they might become part of this process [There were questions from the public that were inaudible to recording secretary.] Ketcham suggests Keller appoint a task force to work with Overbeck and Bagwell. Vottero, Cull, Searcy and Minister will be part of task force as well as Overbeck. Voice vote to approve task force was unanimous. Searcy: asked Z&V to use checklist for major development in the commercial zoning. This was determined to be a recommendation. 7. 7:35 p.m. Rob Wood to introduce letter of support for Blue Print Columbus Wood updated the group on Blue Print Columbus to which he has served as liaison. Wood went through a detailed history of the project. On 9/4/15 BluePrint folks would like the commission to endorse and support the plan; the draft of a letter of endorsement will be distributed to the commission for endorsement and approval at our next meeting, 9/3/15. 8. 7:45 p.m. Zoning and Variance Committee (Chairperson Bagwell) Update on previous actions taken by the commission: Olympic site plans were approved by City Council 68 Walhalla approved by BZA Next meeting: September 1 1. 231 Orchard Lane - BZA15-073 • Variance from 3332.38(G) (Maximum height of garage) from 15’ to 20’ • Variance from 3332.26 (E) (Setback from lot line) from 3’ to 1’. Z&V Vote: 7 yes; 0 no; Vottero expressed concerns about working with neighbors since garage is close to lot. Applicant stated that the current garage is on the lot line. Ketcham moved to approve both variances. Vote to approve: 8 yes; 0 no; 1 abstain 2. 217 Irving Way - BZA15-074

 

  • Variance from 3332.38(G) (Maximum height of garage) from 15’ to 20’ Z&V vote: unknown Minister reported that a neighbor had expressed a concern which appears to have been resolved. Kuhel moved to approve the variance. Vote to approve: 7 yes; 0 no; 2 abstain (Minister, Keller) 3. 3381 N. High Street (North Broadway & High Redevelopment) – BZA 15049– POSTPONED at request of developer • Variance from 3312.49(C) (Minimum number of parking spaces required) from 214 to 172 parking spaces (a reduction of 42 spaces). • Variance from 3309.14(A) (Height districts) to increase the permitted height of the building from 35’ to 58’6” (an increase of 23’6” in height). • Variance from 3312.29 (Parking space) to reduce the length of one parking space from 18’ to 9’ for a smart car space. • Variance from 3321.05(B)(1) (Vision clearance) to reduce the required sight line triangle from 10’ to 0’ (a reduction of 10’). 9. 8:02 p.m. Discussion of the proposal to move meeting time to 6:30. Ketcham explained background of reasoning to move meeting time. The three on the committee thought it would be a good idea because it might make the need to move the meeting less frequent. Cull – does not support the change because more people would have a difficult time getting to the meeting on time Keller – wondered if we should have banners to show where the meeting is Kuhel – wondered if North Community Lutheran were available each month Meek – explained more of reasoning; noted churches have a hard time committing to giving space EVERY month Vottero – in favor of keeping regular meeting time at 7:00, but it would be possible to move the meeting to 6:30 when it appears things may run long Wetherholt – not in favor of varying times from month to month Searcy – agreed with no variation of time; varying the site of meeting is enough of variation Public Comment – Rodgers: do not vary time, stay consistent Rauschenberg – hard to get anywhere before 7:00 Unknown speaker: Has to be in same place Kuhel – we need a couple of microphones; keep the same time, keep the library and move when we have to Public Comment: Is there any way to keep the website up-to-date? Cull – entire website is broken; a key person is on vacation right now; when they return, they will sit down to begin solving the issues; short term solution may be two months Cull moved that we make no change of time: Vote to approve: 9 yes; 0 no; 0 abstain

 

 

10. 8:41 p.m. District Updates (time permitting) Vottero: road closures as Hudson bridge over I-71 will be rebuilt; asked Rob Wood to talk about Crest Fest which will happen August 22, 12 noon – 9 pm. Kuhel: proposed development by NorthStar is biggest thing going on; it was tabled tonight due to potential of having an underground garage. Wetherholt: have been listening to input regarding the NorthStar development; welcomes Whetstone High School class of 1965 for their reunion; Women and Minority Entrepreneur Seminar on grants available to those groups to occur August 25, 6 pm. Check with Shannon Hardin’s webpage to find out more about that. Cull: several complaints about a rental home that has about 5 residents living there; working on the website; task force just appointed may have opportunity to hold an educational session about what the plan currently states Minister: Starbucks complaints have decreased; fire pit complaints Ketcham: evidence of foundation at Starbucks is occurring; 8/15 Cruise the Ville @ Whetstone Park 10-5. John Corby is honorary chair of event. Clintonville Chamber has moved to 11 W. Cooke Road and is planning an open house Meek: Cruise the Ville is a big opportunity to show off the neighborhood; 6-1-Pho is new business in neighborhood at Henderson and High; “Trapped” is new business on High Street north of E. Cooke where you get locked into a room and you need to find your way out. Searcy: trouble keeping trees watered – asked Isom Nivins to check on that 11. 8:53 p.m. Public comment Many people no longer subscribe to the Dispatch and no longer get The Booster; what can be done to communicate with people? Some suggested looking online; Kevin Parks (reporter from the Booster) said to email him and he would pass on circulation department. 12. 8:55 p.m. Adjournment

 

 

Clintonville Area Commission Meeting Minutes

Aug 6, 2015 - Nancy Kuhel – chair of Historic Building Committee. 3 returning ... Facebook page; or that the “NextDoor” website might be useful. Meek noted ...

248KB Sizes 1 Downloads 357 Views

Recommend Documents

Clintonville Area Commission Meeting Minutes
Aug 6, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. Call to order by Chairperson Kris Keller and introduction of commissioners. 2. ... Compassionate Communication Center – Speaking and Listening from the .... advanced; how do we manage our growth? Can we ...

10-01-2013 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes PDF.pdf ...
10-01-2013 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes PDF.pdf. 10-01-2013 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes PDF.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In.

Meeting Minutes
Jul 27, 2011 - Randy Reinbold and Amy Donavan, Council co-chairs, welcomed attendees at 7:10pm and reviewed agenda .... cable. Attend Sc hool. C o m m itte e. m e e ting s. A tte nd PTO. m e e ting s ... phone number. 8) Where do I start ...

Meeting Minutes
Jul 27, 2011 - New business. Randy Reinbold and ... (PowerPoint slide). Randy described to group “Building of a SEPAC (PowerPoint Flowchart slide) ... Website group presentation by Amy Donovan included ideas for initial information the.

Meeting Minutes
Feb 8, 2012 - Week of Service. 1. Service event within your orgs March 26th – March 27th ... Business Association of Multicultural Students (BAM). - Club MIS.

meeting minutes
Jun 26, 2007 - our workshop information current on the USS website. Thank you volunteers!!! ... Geometrics Committee and the Visualization Committee have.

Splashclub Meeting Minutes
Oct 16, 2014 - software is used in hosting home meets and turning in entries for other meets. Meet manager software is $229 and ... the flyer for the Texas meet (11/8) on the swimming website. He will let swimmers know ... A board email vote was held

Executive Meeting |MINUTES
Jan 9, 2016 - KYSA House playoffs ran successfully as did the KWSL playoffs. Briana Guise also reported to BC Soccer an abuse incident which occurred after a KWSL regular season match. A hearing held a couple of weeks later, which included the input

minutes of meeting -
Mar 25, 2015 - Miss Ooi Ai Yee as the new HE22 Head of Program starts from 12 ... 1. c); a tutorial class with a 30 students per class are still not possible at.

YMPG MEETING MINUTES -
Young Members' Arena Articles: The YMPG submitted an article the ISSMGE Bulletin for the February 2015 issue;. Cassandra Rutherford wrote and coordinated the submission with two other young faculty describing their research and recent NSF CAREER awar

Club Meeting Minutes -
Apr 19, 2016 - Rtn Essien & Marcia – 19th April. III. Mystery Person. • Rtn Nana Adjoo. IV. Fine Master. • PP Bernad Charles Okyere. V. Attendance. • Total: 31.

Wapiti Area Synergy Partnership Minutes ... -
Tail gate meetings. • CWOP meetings (Calgary). • Crew changes. • Kick-off meetings. • Contractor meetings. – Contractor connector. • Onboarding sign-off of CM ...

minutes of meeting -
Mar 25, 2015 - k) HE21 & HE23 academicians were required to send the final ... was suggested by the chairman to go to a conference in bulk (group) as the.

003_20032015_GSTA meeting with the 7th PAY COMMISSION ...
003_20032015_GSTA meeting with the 7th PAY COMMISSION regarding Pay and Allowances.pdf. 003_20032015_GSTA meeting with the 7th PAY ...

Minutes - PDCO minutes of the 7-10 November 2017 meeting
Jan 3, 2018 - Mosaic gp140 / Clade C gp140 - EMEA-002161-PIP01-17. Prevention of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection / Prevention of HIV-1.

Minutes - PDCO minutes of the 13-16 December 2016 meeting
Feb 21, 2017 - 42. 6.1.3. Beta-site-APP-Cleaving Enzyme inhibitor - EMEA-37-2016 . .... Business Pipeline Report for the human scientific committees.

Minutes - PDCO minutes of the 21-24 February 2017 meeting
access to documents within the framework of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 as they ..... List of letters of intent received for submission of applications with start of .... animal studies (JAS) and impact on anti-cancer medicine development and.

Minutes - PDCO minutes of the 12-14 October 2016 meeting
Jan 3, 2017 - Minutes for the meeting on 12-14 October 2016. Chair: Dirk Mentzer ...... GTC Biotherapeutics UK Limited; Treatment of congenital antithrombin deficiency, Treatment of acquired ..... Treatment of acute Graft-versus-Host Disease .... The

Meeting minutes for West Meadowdale HOA meeting ...
be liable for crack sealing, pothole repair and complete maintenance of the parking areas throughout JC and DCC. Therefore, it is important to maintain the level of savings we have to ensure we are able to meet these requirements. The decorative rock

Minutes - PDCO minutes of the 21-24 February 2017 meeting
Send a question via our website www.ema.europa.eu/contact. © European Medicines Agency, 2017. Reproduction is .... Opinions on Compliance Check .

Minutes - PDCO minutes of the 13-16 December 2016 meeting
Feb 21, 2017 - Send a question via our website www.ema.europa.eu/contact ... 10. 2.1.3. pegvaliase - Orphan - EMEA-001951-PIP01-16 . ...... Report of the PCPWP/ HCPWP workshop on social media held on 19 September 2016 ...... 45.

PTC Meeting Minutes 101117.pdf
Page 1 of 4. Greenhills PTC. Meeting Minutes. October 11, 2017. Attendees: Christie Heiskell, Jessica Hansen, Elle Vance, Kelly Beckham, Ryan Braun,. Michelle Shafto, Mr. Smith, Annette Rowsey, Sara Johnson. Approved Meeting Minutes: (Delia). • Min

PTO Meeting minutes 10.24.13.pdf
Page 1 of 3. PTO Meeting Minutes. Page 1 of 3. PTO Meeting. 10.24.2013 7:00 p.m. Leadership Learning Academy. Charter School. Meeting called. by. Nicole Bott/President. Minute taker Sasha Witte/Secretary. Attendees. Nicole Bott/ President. Jennifer W