Invitation for Bids Date:
6 May 2016
Loan No. and Title:
3260-NEP (SF): Earthquake Emergency Assistance Project
Contract No. and Title:
DUDBC/EAAP/Transitional/PIU/Works/NCB-02 Construction of Transitional Office Buildings in Gorkha, Lamjung, Rasuwa, Sindhupalchowk and Okhaldhunga districts
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
6 June 2016, 12:00 Noon, Nepal Standard Time (NST)
1. The Government of Nepal has received a loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Earthquake Emergency Assistance Project (EAAP). Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB. 2. The Ministry of Urban Development, Central Level Project Implementation Unit, Earthquake Emergency Assistance Project, Kathmandu (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders, based on post-qualification criteria, for the construction and completion of Transitional Office Buildings in Gorkha, Lamjung, Rasuwa, Sindhupalchowk and Okhaldhunga districts. The works mainly comprise of i.
Type A: Fabrication, Supplying, Erection and construction of Prefabricated Transitional Office Building of size 3.6 m x 12 m. using Prefabricated Polyurethane (PUF) board as a partition materials - 38 Nos. Type B: Fabrication, Supplying, Erection and construction of Prefabricated Transitional Office Building of size 3.6 m x 6 m. Non-asbestos Fiber Cement Board as a partition materials - 48 Nos. Type C: Fabrication, Supplying, Erection and construction of Prefabricated Transitional Office Building of size 3.6 m x 6 m. using 3D Panel (Structural Insulated reinforcement Concrete Wall Panel)as a partition materials-35 Nos. Construction of Septic Tank, Manholes, Soak Pits and Supply and Installation of 2000 Ltr PVC water tanks (35 Nos. of each).
3. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage-Two Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document. 4. Bidding is open to eligible bidders who fulfill qualification requirements given in Section 3 of the bidding document, partly stated below: a) Minimum average annual turnover of NRs 333 million calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last 3 (three) years
b) Must have constructed 860 square meters plinth area of pre-fabricated transient cabins/sheds or steel structure/truss buildings within the past 5 years c) Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within 5 (years) and that is similar to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder's participation exceeds NRs 133 million. 5.
To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact The Project Director Ministry of Urban Development Central Level Project Implementation Unit Earthquake Emergency Assistance Project Babarmahal, Kathamndu, Nepal Tel. No.: 977-01-4262365, 977-01-4262466 Fax No.: 977 1 4262439 E-mail: [email protected]
6. To purchase the Bidding Document, eligible bidders should on or before 17:00 Hrs., 5 June 2016:
Write to address above requesting the bidding document for DUDBC/EAAP/Transitional/PIU/Works/NCB-02, Construction of Transitional Office Buildings in Gorkha, Lamjung, Rasuwa, Sindhupalchowk and Okhaldhunga districts and deposit a non-refundable fee of NRs 6,000.00 in the bank account mentioned below. Office Code : 27-347-25 Revenue Account No. : 5201265 Revenue Head No. : 1-4-2-2-7 Name of Office : Taxpayer Service Office, Tripureswor, Kathmandu (करदाता सेवा कार्ाालर् त्रिपुरेश्वर)
7. A pre-bid meeting shall be held at 13:00 Hrs (Nepal Standard Time) on 26 May 2016 at CL PIU Office at Babarmahal, Kathmandu, Nepal 8.
Deliver your bid:
To the address above On or before 6 June 2016; 12:00Hrs. (NST). Late Bids will not be accepted. Together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the Bidding Document (Section 2: Bid Data Sheet Clause ITB 19.1).
9. Failure to specify the total price of the Bid in the Letter of Price Bid or the Bid Price in the Schedule of Bid Prices shall be ground for declaring the bid nonresponsive. The Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the last date and time of bid submission in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address mentioned above. If the last date of Bid submission and opening falls on the public holiday, the corresponding activities take place immediately on the day of opening the office.