Geometry – Chapter 6 Test Review – Congruence All questions worth 1 point each, except the matching which is 0.5 points each. Total 45 points.
True or false postulates/theorems, if it is false correct (or insert) a single word so that it is true (if it is not always true it is false). 1. If two congruent segments are bisected, then the three resulting segments are congruent. (Theorem 6.1)
2. Segment congruence is an equivalence relation. (Theorem 6.2) 3. Supplements of congruent angles are acute. (Theorem 6.3) 4. Complements of congruent angles are congruent. (Theorem 6.4) 5. Angle congruence is an equivalence relation. (Theorem 6.5) 6. If two adjacent angles are congruent to another pair of adjacent angles, then the larger angles formed are congruent. (Theorem 6.6) 7. If two angles, one in each of two pairs of adjacent angles, are congruent, and the larger angles formed are also congruent, then the other two angles are congruent. (Theorem 6.7) 8. If two congruent angles are bisected, the four resulting angles are obtuse. (Theorem 6.8) 9. Triangle congruence is an equivalence relation. (Theorem 6.9) 10. Circle congruence is an nonequivalence relation. (Theorem 6.10) 11. Polygon congruence is an equivalence relation. (Theorem 6.11) 12. Two lines intersected by a triangle are parallel if and only if the alternate interior angles are congruent. (Postulate 6.1) 13. Two lines intersected by a transversal are parallel if and only if the alternate exterior angles are congruent. (Theorem 6.12) 14. Two lines intersected by a circle are parallel if and only if the corresponding angles are congruent. (Theorem 6.13) 15. If a transversal is perpendicular to one of two parallel lines, then it is parallel to the other also. (Theorem 6.14) 16. If two coplanar lines are perpendicular to the same line, then they are parallel to each other. (Theorem 6.15) 17. The sum of the measures of the angles of any triangle is 360°. (Theorem 6.16) 18. If two angles of one triangle are congruent to two angles of another triangle, then the third angles are also congruent. (Theorem 6.17) 19. The acute angles of a right triangle are supplementary. (Theorem 6.18) 20. In an isosceles triangle the two base angles are obtuse. (Theorem 6.20) 21. If two angles of a triangle are congruent, then the sides opposite those angles are congruent, and the triangle is an isosceles triangle. (Theorem 6.21)
22. A triangle is acute if and only if it is equiangular. (Theorem 6.22) 23. What are four ways of proving that two triangles are congruent?
Use the figure for problems 24-30. 24. If 25. If 26. If 27. If 28. If 29. If 30. If
, find , find , find , find , find , find , find
7 8 5 6
. . .
3 4 1 2
. . .
31. What is the sum of the interior angles of a pentagon? 32. What is the measure of each interior angle of a regular decagon? 33. The measure of the vertex angle of an isosceles triangle is 70°. What are the measures of its base angles? 34. Illustrate the reflexive and symmetric and transitive properties. Review. Use the following statements for problem #s 35-36: p 35. Write
“colorful leaves are falling”, q
“it is autumn”
36. Write the contrapositive Use the following statements for problem #s 37-39: p 37. Write
“kings rule countries”, q
“emus can run”
38. Write 39. Write
Match the term with the definition.
40. Midpoint 41. Circumference 42. Tangent Line 43. Ray 44. Segment 45. Angle 46. Triangle 47. Arc 48. Linear pair 49. Vertical Angles 50. Prism 51. Polyhedron
A pair of adjacent angles whose noncommon sides form a straight angle (are opposite rays)
The set consisting of two points A and B and all the points in between. The union of two distinct rays with a common endpoint. The union of a half-line and its origin. It extends infinitely in one direction from a point. A line in the plane of a circle that intersects the circle in exactly one point.
c) d) e) f)
Angles adjacent to the same angle and forming linear pairs with it
g) h) i) j) k) l)
The distance around a circle. A curve that is a subset of a circle. A cylinder with polygonal regions as bases. The union of segments that connect three noncollinear points. Point M if A-M-B and AM = MB. A closed surface made up of polygonal regions.
when a lot of features are irrelevant and drown out the relevant features' signal in the distance calculations. Notice that the nearest-neighbor method can easily be applied to regression problems with a real-valued target variable. In fact, the meth
R. T1. R. A 1g. 1a. R. R. 1g. 1a.. 0.5g. 0.5g. a. A B. =0.2. 0.5kg. 1kg 1kg. =0.2. 2Ã0.5 16N. R1. 4g. 16N=T. 2R. 4Ã0.5. 30Â°. a. 1. 0.5 m/s2. 2kg. 4kg. 2. Page 3 of 10. Chapter 6 Friction.pdf. Chapter 6 Friction.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign
The Worthington Pottery Company manufactures beer mugs in batches of 120. and the overall rate of defects is 5%. Find the probability of having more than 6. defects in a batch. 8. A bank's loan officer rates applicants for credit. The ratings are nor
A license or certificate holder who seeks a waiver of the continuing. competence requirements shall provide to the Board in writing the specific reasons for requesting. the waiver and additional information that the Board may request in support of th
Page 1 of 18. Page 1 of 18. Page 2 of 18. Page 2 of 18. Page 3 of 18. Page 3 of 18. Page 4 of 18. Page 4 of 18. Chapter 6.pdf. Chapter 6.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In. Details. Comments. General Info. Type. Dimensions. Size. Duration. Locati
Mar 8, 2018 - These things are based on the sampling distribution of the estimators (ËÎ²) if the model is true and we don't do any model selection. â¢ What if we do model selection, use Kernels, think the model is wrong? â¢ None of those formulas
The Prerequisite for connecting a Java application to MySQL is adding MySQL. JDBC driver in the Project/Program. The NetBeans IDE comes with pre-bundled MySQL JDBC Driver. You may add. JDBC Driver in the Database Connectivity Project as follows-. Pag
tational and visualization tools specifically designed for large-eddy simulations .... model we need to first translate the available data from our original grid system to a ... point xvelo, the storage location for the staggered velocity component.