http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4530

Hi All I,d thought I'd give something to the Forum for a change. Here's how I changed my Glow plugs on my 1993 2.4D Caravelle. The location of Plug 1 is the left hand side of the engine (Drivers side) First I removed the 4 10mm bolts securing the radiator

Then I pulled the radiator up and out to enable more space in the engine bay to access plugs 4 and 5

Then after removing the Belly pan = 6 13mm bolts & 2 10mm nuts I could see the first 3 plus from below the engine. These are easy to remove with the 8&12mm glow plug spanner from halfords (see later photo) and normal 8 & 12mm spanners

Plugs 4 & 5 are more awkward Plug 4 was only got at by removing the leak off pipes that link injectors 3,4 & 5. I also removed the metal fuel pipes from injectors 4 & 5 - 17 & 13mm spanners. This made plug 4 fairly easy to remove and replace

Plug 5 is the real pain - the only way to get at it is to remove injector No.5 I used a 27mm box spanner - with a long extension bar (it was tight !!) be very carefull not to damage the injector on removal,storage and replacement - same goes for storing the fuel pipes and cover all exposed fuel connectors. Plug 5 can now be seen (just) I removed the plug with the lead still attached with a 12mm ring spanner - it took a long time and a lot of patience. the photo below shows injector 4 and new plug 4 on the left and injector 5 and plug 5 on the right removed

To replace plug 5 I made a holder out of some curtain track and I used this to manouvre the new plug into its hole. I then managed to get my finger onto the bottom of the plug and used a 12mm spanner to slowly tighten the plug into place. access for this plug is very tight due to a casting passing right in front of the hole for the plug. if you thing puttting the plug on if fiddly now try fitting the wire and 8mm nut !! I put some blutack onto my finger and placed the nut on this. I then offered the nut up to the plug and very carefuly tried to tighten the nut with a 8mm spanner. it took a lot of attempts and multiple searches for the dropped nut but it eventually went on Photos show curtain track manipulator !!

This photo shows the special tools not found in a socket set. Please note the 27mm socket that halfords sells is no good for removing injector. I used the box spanner shown in the photo below

After plug 5 was replaced and tightened up with wire fitted I worked in reverse fitting the wire and bar on plug 4 then 3,2 and finally the wires on plug 1. I replaced injector 5 and renewed the leak off pipes on the injectors as they'd had it. I then replaced the copper pipes on injectors 4 and 5. I placed all the nuts bolts and bits in a tin as i removed stuff so I checked this was empty before I tried to start the engine. And Bingo I,ve got a van that starts again !!! Now strip off all your clothes and run down the street cheering (optional) I also replaced the starter motor and fuel filter during this procedure as I,d burnt the starter motor out trying to start the engine with knackered glow plugs, the fuel filter was just old. Beofre I replaced the belly pan I took it for a test drive to check there were no fuel leaks etc.. Well I hope this encourages someone else to have a go as I,m no mechanic, and its fairly easy to do, just fiddly Enjoy T4dave

T4 2.4D glow plug change.pdf

There was a problem previewing this document. Retrying... Download. Connect more apps... Try one of the apps below to open or edit this item. T4 2.4D glow ...

1MB Sizes 3 Downloads 203 Views

Recommend Documents

QB: Glow Plug System (California)
QB3 CHECK FOR OPEN GLOW PLUG CIRCUIT — GPCM TO VALVE .... connect only the scan tool signal to PCM breakout box pin 8 (GPCM Diagnostic input).

man-15\2001-am-general-hummer-glow-plug-manual.pdf ... - Drive
man-15\2001-am-general-hummer-glow-plug-manual.pdf. man-15\2001-am-general-hummer-glow-plug-manual.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In.

VZ-T4.pdf
Loading… Whoops! There was a problem loading more pages. Retrying... Whoops! There was a problem previewing this document. Retrying... Download. Connect more apps... Try one of the apps below to open or edit this item. VZ-T4.pdf. VZ-T4.pdf. Open. E

t4.pdf
Whoops! There was a problem previewing this document. Retrying... Download. Connect more apps... Try one of the apps below to open or edit this item. t4.pdf.

T4 Cn
Schools Division Superintendent/Division Commissioner on Administration. Subject: City Schools Division of Dasmariflas GSP Calendar of Activities S.Y. 2017-.

Glow Gala.pdf
Page 1 of 1. ANNUAL GROUNDWOR K L a w r en c e EVENT. SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. JOIN US! THURSDAY • NOVEMBER 16 • 2017 • 6PM-9:30PM. Groundwork Lawrence invites you to. celebrate another successful year of. our projects, partnerships and progr

Glow Energy - Settrade
Feb 23, 2018 - 55. 100. 64. 119. Operating Profit. 2,612. 4,061. 4,164. 3,287. 3,753. 4,092 ..... SPS. 35.9. 34.8. 33.5. 32.7. 33.0. EBITDA/Share. 12.1. 12.4. 11.2.

TSOP Plug
Nov 27, 2017 - TSOP, an IR receiver, outputs a constant HIGH signal when it is idle and as it receives data from the remote, it tends to invert the data. i.e when an IR LED of the remote is transmitting data onto the TSOP, every time the IR led goes

T4-Máquinas y mecanismos.pdf
Sistema Internacional de medidas es el Newton. La. magnitud o intensidad de una fuerza es igual al producto. de la masa del objeto por la aceleración (cambio ...

T4 REFUERZO ECUACIONES.pdf
hermana María y 2 años mayor que su. hermano Federico. Entre los tres. igualan la edad de su madre, que. tiene 59 años. ¿Qué edad tiene cada. uno? 3.

2-2016 t4 Charvat-Just.pdf
2-2016 t4 Charvat-Just.pdf. 2-2016 t4 Charvat-Just.pdf. Open. Extract. Open with. Sign In. Main menu. Displaying 2-2016 t4 Charvat-Just.pdf. Page 1 of 16.

Glow Introduction - GitHub
Architecture: Data Flow. 1. Outputs of tasks are saved by local agents. 2. Driver remembers all data locations. 3. Inputs of next group of tasks are pulled from the ...

Glow Energy - Settrade
Nov 13, 2017 - Other Non-op Income. 266. 135. 57. (245). 1,089. (358). (1,011). 124. 335. 44. 98. (273). 534. 346. 192. Non-Operating Expenses. (860). (857).

Relay​ ​Plug
Index. 1. Introduction. 2. Specification. 3. Operating​ ​voltage:​ ​5V. 3. Variants. 4 .... To activate the relay Plug the corresponding data pin on the controller board to ... Normally Open Contact (NO): ​NO contact is also called 'make co

Cheap New Eu To China Plug Adapter Socket Plug Converter ...
Cheap New Eu To China Plug Adapter Socket Plug Conve ... lectrical Outlet Free Shipping & Wholesale Price.pdf. Cheap New Eu To China Plug Adapter Socket ...

Hatsune Miku - glow piano sheet.pdf
34. a. f. f. f. f. k. ‡ a. f. f. f. f. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. ‡. k. k. k. k. ‡. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. k. j. j n. k. k. k. k. kz. kz. k. k. ‡.

Rotary sensor plug
A Rotary potentiometer is a three terminal variable resistor with a rotating contact that forms an adjustable voltage divider. An adjustable potentiometer can open.

Joystick Plug
3. Variants. 4. Supported cables. 4. Details. 4. How to interface? 5. Example Codes. 7. Arduino. 7. Contributors. 8. Elint Labz (​www.elintlabz.in​). Page 1 of 7 .... Supported cables. ○ 4-4A. Details. Joystick plug is a analog input device to

LED Plug
Jun 5, 2017 - In this example, we are going to blink an LED with 1 second delay that means LED turns. ON for one second and turns OFF for another second. Example Codes. Code 1: Arduino void setup(). {. pinMode(12,OUTPUT); // define 12th GPIO pin as O

Buzzer plug [v 1.1]
manufacture development boards based on micro-controller & microprocessors, breakout boards ... the user's need and also this plug can be mounted anywhere using screws. ... to the Buzzer plug and 4 pin end of the cable is connected to the.

Slide switch plug
#define second_led 13 ​//second LED is connected to 13th pin. #define first_datapin 10 ​//D1 of slide switch is connected to. 10th pin. #define second_datapin ...

THERMISTOR PLUG [v2]
Nov 27, 2017 - manufacturing services using a design from manufacturing framework. ... large, predictable and precise change in electrical resistance when ...

USB—A—Plug - CQHAM.ru
Opendous inc. deeded this hardware design into the Public Domain. Opendous Inc. Title: Upconverter—iOOMHl—13LO—SMS3926—CX2147. Size: A4 i Date: ...